By Jay Kappraff
- Triangle and sq. Grids
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- Scan changing of a Line Segment
- Compass and Straightedge buildings (Part 1: the area inside of a Triangle)
- Congruent Triangles
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- The paintings of Proof
- Voronoi Domains
- Parallel Lines
- Bracing a Framework
- Compass and Straightedge buildings (Part 2: Doing Algebra with Geometry)
- Vectors and Geoboards
- Logarithmic Spirals
- The Golden and Silver Means
- Isometries and Mirrors
- Kaleidoscopes and Symmetry
- Groups and Kaleidoscope Symmetry
- Frieze Patterns
- An creation to Fractals
- Isometries and Matrices
Readership: Undergraduate scholars of any self-discipline drawn to enhancing their visible realizing in geometry.
- Engages the coed in hands-on actions utilizing compass, straightedge, and protractor. In speaking approximately parts and vectors, geoboards are used. an immense fractal wallhanging is built utilizing the iterative functionality procedure. Compass and straightedge is used to create remarkable patterns
- There are many novel subject matters no longer lined in different books on geometry corresponding to logarithmic spirals, Voronoi domain names with program to development popularity, parallel traces with software to bracing a framework, fractals, kaleidocopes, an creation to staff theory
- Projective geometry is brought at a optimistic point. the coed is engaged in conducting thirteen primary buildings of projective geometry. through targeting projective geometry, the houses of Euclidean geometry turn into extra comprehensible — together with the character of infinity and the that means of parallel lines
Read Online or Download A Participatory Approach to Modern Geometry PDF
Best geometry & topology books
This new textbook demonstrates that geometry might be constructed in 4 essentially other ways, and that every one may be used if the topic is to be proven in all its elegance. Euclid-style development and axiomatics look how one can begin, yet linear algebra smooths the later levels by means of exchanging a few tortuous arguments through uncomplicated calculations.
Meant for a 12 months direction, this quantity serves as a unmarried resource, introducing scholars to the $64000 strategies and theorems, whereas additionally containing adequate historical past on complicated themes to attract these scholars wishing to concentrate on Riemannian geometry. this is often one of many few works to mix either the geometric elements of Riemannian geometry and the analytic features of the speculation, whereas additionally featuring the main updated study.
One of many major achievements of algebraic geometry over the past 30 years is the paintings of Mori and others extending minimum versions and the Enriques-Kodaira class to 3-folds. This publication, first released in 2000, is an built-in suite of papers focused round functions of Mori thought to birational geometry.
This article provides a graduate-level creation to differential geometry for arithmetic and physics scholars. The exposition follows the historic improvement of the techniques of connection and curvature with the target of explaining the Chern–Weil conception of attribute periods on a critical package deal.
- An Algebraic Introduction to K-Theory (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- Elements of Differential Topology
- 3264 and All That: A Second Course in Algebraic Geometry
- A Short Course in Computational Geometry and Topology (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Elementare Differentialgeometrie (De Gruyter Studium) (German Edition)
- Classical Geometries in Modern Contexts: Geometry of Real Inner Product Spaces Third Edition
Additional info for A Participatory Approach to Modern Geometry
A Participatory Approach to Modern Geometry by Jay Kappraff